The mission of Lowell Public Library is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill educational, informational, cultural and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful and businesslike.
The general library goals of the Lowell Public Library shall be:
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region.
- To acquire and make a available to all residents of the above area a popular materials collections of such books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other services as will address their needs to a.) become well informed, b.) locate answers to important questions, c.) cultivate the imagination and creative expression, d.) develop skills for career and vocational advancement, and e) enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services.
- To maintains program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets materials for people of various backgrounds and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
- To Strive Consistently to discovers new methods and improvements for better service for the library’s customers.
- To review regularly these goals of the Lowell Public Library and if necessary, revice them in the light of new developments.
Library Director: Amanda Kensgaard
Library Assistant: Elaine Galvan